Until the issue no. 2/2020, the Editorial Board accepted a double method of citation. From the issue no. 1/2021, the Editorial Board accepts manuscripts with citations in accordance with the criteria of the Harvard style.
The Editorial board accepts texts in Word format (* .doc, * .rtf, * .docx) in Slovak, Czech and English language, which include brief information about the authors: e-mail, workplace address, phone number, or a link to a web page, ORCID ID.
The content of the journal consists of the sections Studies and Analyses, Personal Profiles and Biographies, Discussion, Reviews and Annotations, News. The content of the section Studies and analyzes and Personal Profiles and Biographies consists of research texts, which include an abstract of up to 200 words and key words in English and referencing system. The section Discussion, Reviews and Annotations, News does not contain an abstract with keywords, referencing system is not obligatory. All manuscripts, except from Discussion, Reviews and Annotations, News are reviewed in an anonymous peer-review process.
Length of texts
Studies and Analyzes: 10 – 25 standard pages
Personal Profiles and Biographies: 10 – 25 standard pages
Discussion: 5 – 15 standard pages
Reviews: 5 – 10 standard pages
Annotations: 2 – 4 standard pages
News: 1 – 3 standard pages
1 standard page = 1,800 characters with spaces
The journal Studia Politica Slovaca requires the citation according to the Harvard style. Based on this referencing system, the author uses footnotes, but the reference to the original source is mentioned directly in the text in parentheses. Citations within the Harvard style are based on the ISO standard STN ISO 690: 2012.
- If the author’s name is entered directly in the text, it is followed by the year in parentheses, e.g. Taylor (1998).
- If the author’s name is not mentioned in the sentence, the name and year must be entered in parentheses in the form of a surname (not capital letters), a space and a year, e.g. (Taylor 2001).
- In citations to specific parts of the source, the location of the relevant part may be entered in parentheses after the year, for example page number or page range, e.g. (Novák 2002, pp. 103-105).
- If two or more sources have the same author and year, they differ from each other in lower case letters following the year inside parentheses, e.g. Novák (2004a, p. 120); (Novák 2004b, p. 15).
- If citations occur in two sources, they are entered in one parenthesis and there is a semicolon and a space between the data, e.g. (Novák 1998; Petrovský 1999).
- If the source has two or three authors, use a hyphen between the authors’ surnames, e.g. (Novák – Petrovský 2005 p. 23).
- If the source has more than three authors, use “et al.” after the surname of the first author, e.g. (Novák et al. 1995, p. 347).
- If the source does not have a specific author, enter the name of the source, or part of the source title in parentheses in such a way that the source can be identified in the bibliography, e.g. (The government decided to shorten the deadline… 2003), (Road traffic rules will be tightened 2010), (Political program 2006), (Official portal of the Ministry of the Interior 2020).
The reference list (bibliography) is arranged alphabetically according to the author’s surname. If the document does not have an author, the reference list is arranged according to the source name. The author states the year of publication in parentheses, followed by a lowercase letter to distinguish individual references and citations of the same year. In the case of two or three authors, use a hyphen, in the case of more than three authors “et al.”, Afterwards, there is the place of publication to be entered, followed by the name of the publisher and the number of pages. The sources that a DOI identifier has been assigned for, this must also be specified.
AUTHOR SURNAME, first name (year published).Title. Place of publication: publisher, pages. DOI: link.
WIESNER, Adam (2020). Monkey on My Back: An Autoethnographic Narrative of a Therapeutic Experience. Bratislava: Ústav etnológie a sociálnej antropológie SAV – VEDA SAV, 2020, 224 p. DOI: https://doi.org/10.31577/2020.9788022418249.
Article / study in journal
AUTHOR SURNAME, first name (year published). Title of article In Title of journal, volume, issue, page numbers. DOI: link.
GIZICKI, Wojciech (2020). Global and regional security. A return to military strength (?) In Studia Politica Slovaca, 13, 1, p. 4-17. DOI: https://doi.org/10.31577/SPS.2020-1.1.
Collection of articles / Edited book
EDITOR SURNAME, first name (ed. / eds.) (year published). Title. Place of publication: publisher, pages. DOI: link.
MARUŠIAK, Juraj – FERENCOVÁ, Michaela (eds) (2005). Teoretické prístupy k identitám a ich praktické aplikácie. Bratislava: VEDA – vydavateľstvo Slovenskej akadémie vied, 2005, 222 p.
Chapter in collection of articles or edited book
AUTHOR SURNAME, first name (year published). Title of chapter In EDITOR SURNAME, first name (ed. / eds.). Title of collection of articles / edited book. Place of publication: publisher, page numbers. DOI: link.
KUSÁ, Zuzana (2005). Metodologické otázky výskumu premien kolektívnych a osobnostných identít In MARUŠIAK, Juraj – FERENCOVÁ, Michaela (eds.). Teoretické prístupy k identitám a ich praktické aplikácie. Bratislava: VEDA – vydavateľstvo Slovenskej akadémie vied, 2005, p. 10 – 31.
Newspaper article (printed version)
AUTHOR SURNAME, first name (year published). Title of article In Newspaper title, volume, issue, date, page numbers.
AUGUSTÍN, Michael (2020). Milovaný hriešnik Sarkozy In Pravda, XXX., 273, 25. 11. 2020, p. 31.
Newspaper article (online version)
AUTHOR SURNAME, first name (year published). Title of article [online] In Newspaper title, date. Available at: link.
AUGUSTÍN, Michael (2020). Milovaný hriešnik Sarkozy [online] In Pravda.sk, 25. 11. 2020. Available at: https://nazory.pravda.sk/komentare-a-glosy/clanok/569736-milovany-hriesnik-sarkozy/.
AUTHOR SURNAME, first name (year published). Title. [online]. Available at: link.
SCHWAB, Klaus (2020). Now is the time for a ‚great reset‘ [online]. Available at: https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/06/now-is-the-time-for-a-great-reset/.